Pre-Order Making No. 10 / Intricate today for October 23rd release!
Making is a bi-annual themed publication of projects for knitters and makers. This issue of No. 10 / Intricate includes 12 knitting projects, 1 punch needle project, 6 sewing/embroidery/quilting projects, punch needle work, weaving & painting, too. Projects range from household accessories, garments, bags, rugs, and children's toys.
No. 10 / INTRICATE includes projects and artwork by Ocean Rose, Charlotte Edey, Kathy Hattori, Kristine Vejar, Erin Gardner, Sanae Ishida, Susan B. Anderson, Norah Gaughan, Julie Robinson, Paula Pereira, Ema Marinescu, Eri Shimizu, Weichien Chan, and Daphne Ruben as well as designers listed below.
KNIT • SEW • QUILT • WEAVE • EMBROIDER • CROCHET • NEEDLE FELT • RECIPES + MORE
Join editor, photographer, and designer, Carrie Bostick Hoge of Madder, on this exciting project that brings crafts people with different areas of focus to one publication.
The act of making helps to connect us to the past, knowing that many craft skills were practiced daily out of necessity. We also connect to our present, as we stop to slow down and enjoy the work at hand, leaving behind the stress of our busy days. And, possibly at the heart of our creations, is the future. As the sweater we knit or the blanket we quilt becomes an heirloom for our family to use, enjoy, and pass down to the next generation. Circling back and tying us to the past. All these connections are equally important and help to bring meaning and value to the beauty and utility we make.
The following projects are included in this issue. Knit and sewn garment patterns are sized up to fit a 60" bust measurement. Please click any link below to go directly to the knitting/crochet kit which includes this issue, yarn, accessories to complete the project! (Coming Soon!)
- Apollo Shawl by Julie Robinson
- Asterales Pullover by Paula Periera
- Bubbly Shawl by Ainur Berkimbayeva
- Canelo Shawl by Isa Catepillán
- Gloed Knit wall art by Daphne Ruben
- Haori Shrug by Eri Shimizu
- Ichor Socks by Ema Marinescu
- Intricate Pullover by Norah Gaughan
- Late Bloomer Mittens by Kristin Ledgett
- Love Owls by Susan B Anderson
- Merge Hat by Emily Greene
- Whitlowgrass Jumper by Weichien Chan
- Scallop Pouch by Arounna Khounnoraj
- Glimmer of Light Shawl by Amanda Ho
- Needle Felted Goldenrod Wall Hanging by Erin Gardner
- Friday Jumpsuit by Chelsea Gurnoe
- Good Vibrations Eye Pillow by Kristine Vejar
- Lion Cub Pouch & Lion Pillow by Sanae Ishida
- Lotus Leaf Mat by Youngmin Lee
- Sunny Geese Quilt by Maura Ambrose
- Autumn Patchwork Tote by Paula Bouffard
published in 2020
Making is published by Madder in Maine
Images courtesy of Madder/Carrie Bostick Hoge & Andrea Yousling