Kerry Lord has created a wonderful zoo of crocheted animals that are available in 4 sizes. Simply choose your yarn thickness to make a elephant from 4.75" to 13" tall! Alice the Zebra is a favorite Easy to Intermediate pattern from Edward's Menagerie because of her beautiful stripes, swishing tail and shaggy mane. Yarn Loop has carefully selected yarns for these adorable creatures to create heirloom toys that last for generations.
While the original menagerie was created on Alpaca yarn, all of the kits available directly from the maker are 100% Wool. The wool will felt (superwash/washable wool excluded) over time, creating a very dense exterior whereas the alpaca will get a bit drapey. However, rest assured that both fibers are durable and will not easily be destroyed.
Please choose between Book Gift Set (this page) or Standard Kit (click to go to page). Book Gift Set includes Edward's Menagerie (pattern inside), selected yarn and the following accessories: 2 yds black embroidery floss for eyes, & polyfill stuffing. Please select which weight of yarn you prefer based upon the finished size you would like:
Small - 4.75" tall on Sport weight (#2) yarn; includes 50g of main color & 50 g of Color B. Use 1.75mm hook
- NatureSpun Sport by Brown Sheep Co (100% USA Wool) Please allow at least 5 business days for shipping to your location.
- Baby Alpaca Solids by Blue Sky Fibers (100% Baby Alpaca) Please allow at least 7 business days for shipping to your location.
Standard - 7" tall on DK weight (#3) yarn; includes 100g of main color & 100g of Color B. Use C - 3mm hook
- Prairie Spun DK by Brown Sheep Co. (100% USA Wool) Please allow at least 7 business days for shipping to your location.
Large - 9.5" tall on Aran weight (#4) yarn; includes 100g of main color & 100g of Color B. Use H - 5mm hook
- Woolstok by Blue Sky Fibers (100% Fine Highland Wool)
- NatureSpun Worsted by Brown Sheep Co. (100% USA Wool)
Giant - 13.5" tall on Bulky weight (#5) yarn; includes 100g of main color & 100g of Color B. Use L
- Baby Alpaca Chunky by Cascade Yarns (100% Baby Alpaca)
Images by Yarn Loop & Blue Sky Fibers; hook sold separately here