Kerry Lord has created a wonderful zoo of crocheted animals that are available in 4 sizes. Simply choose your yarn thickness to make a bunny from 4.75" to 13" tall! Emma the Bunny is the favorite from the menagerie with her long, floppy ears, and her button tail. Yarn Loop has carefully selected yarns for these adorable creatures to create heirloom toys that last for generations.
While the original menagerie was created on Alpaca yarn, all of the kits available directly from the maker are 100% Wool. The wool (superwash excluded) will felt over time, creating a very dense exterior whereas the alpaca will get a bit drapey. However, rest assured that both fibers are durable and will not easily be destroyed.
Please choose between Standard Kit (this page) or Book Gift Set (click to go to page). Standard Kit includes pattern (pdf & bound copy), selected yarn and the following accessories: 10 yds white (matching yarn brand selected) for tail, 2 yds black embroidery floss for eyes, & polyfill stuffing. Please select which weight of yarn you prefer based upon the finished size you would like:
Small - 4.75" tall on Sport weight (#2) yarn; includes 50g of main color. Use 1.75mm hook
- O-Wash Sport by O-Wool (100% Washable Organic Merino Wool)
- NatureSpun Sport by Brown Sheep Co (100% USA Wool) Please allow at least 5 business days for shipping to your location.
- Baby Alpaca Solids by Blue Sky Fibers (100% Baby Alpaca) Please allow at least 7 business days for shipping to your location.
Standard - 7" tall on DK weight (#3) yarn; includes 100g of main color. Use C - 3mm hook
- Prairie Spun DK by Brown Sheep Co. (100% USA Wool)
Large - 9.5" tall on Aran weight (#4) yarn; includes 100g of main color. Use H - 5mm hook
- Classic Worsted by O-Wool (100% Washable Organic Wool)
- Woolstok by Blue Sky Fibers (100% Fine Highland Wool)
- NatureSpun Worsted by Brown Sheep Co. (100% USA Wool)
Giant - 13.5" tall on Bulky weight (#5) yarn; includes 200g of main color. Use L / 8mm hook
- 128 Superwash by Cascade Yarns (100% Superwash Merino Wool)
- Baby Alpaca Chunky by Cascade Yarns (100% Baby Alpaca)
Images by Yarn Loop & Blue Sky Fibers; hook sold separately here