Explore three different aspects of simplified knitwear including colorwork, cables, and ribbing in the 23 knitting projects in knit.wear, Fall/Winter 2018.
The colorwork knitting patterns feature five stranded pullovers with pared-down colors and striking motifs. Curl up with cables which celebrate the knitter's favorite techniques without over-complicating things. Find knits that feature a prominent cable but keep the rest of the garment minimalist. Get Back to Basics with designs made for movie nights, reading, podcasts, commutes, and traveling. These designs feature a bit of texture, a bit of ribbing, and occasionally a small cable.
Featured Brands include Blue Sky Fibers, Brown Sheep Co., Cascade Yarns, Harrisville Designs, HiKoo, Jagger Spun, Kelbourne Woolens, Rowan, & Sugar Bush Yarns
- Leslie Petrovski - The Raroe Invasion: Faroese Yarns Debut in North America, a detailed article about Navia, a yarn company thousands of years in the making on the Faroe Islands.
- Roxanne Richardson - Finessing the Three-Needle Bind-Off, the alternative method of working the three-needle bind-off that leaves a flat chain stitch on one side and a purl ridge on the other. Work the chain on the right side for a gorgeous visible seam or work the purl ridge on the right side to blend perfectly with garter stitch.
- Sarah Rothberg - Finishings: Knitting for Self-Confidence, a gentle essay about a new knitter’s journey to body- and self-acceptance through knitting her first garments.
Let this issue fill you with inspiration and constant knitting. Patterns included in this magazine are listed below. Click any link below to go directly to the kit:
- Aslant Pullover by Lana Jois
- Aspen Pullover, Maya Cardigan, Murray Pullover & Sloan Dress by Norah Gaughan - From Wool Studio Vol. IV
- Calcite Cowl by Carrie McGowan
- Calderwood Pullover by Irina Anikeeva
- Compass Points Pullover by Kephren Pritchett
- Cossetted Pullover by Megan Dial
- Frosted Foliage Pullover by Adrienne Larsen
- Geode Tunic by Annie Lupton
- Highland Raglan by Allison Jane
- Indigo Smoke Pullover by Kirsten Joel
- Myriad Pullover by Andrea Cull
- Pebble Pullover by Susanna IC
- Pepper & Snow Pullover by Cheryl Toy
- Point Gray Poncho by Illitilli
- Purple Beet Raglan by Amy Gunderson
- Ripple Pullover by Catrina Frost
- Shifting Squares Pullover by Mary Anne Benedetto
- Terrapin Tunic by Sloane Rosenthal
- Twinings Hat by Jennifer Dassau
Images by Harper Point Photography/Interweave Press