Welcome to knitscene Summer 2020! Discover the lighter side of knitting! knitscene Summer 2020 contains 12 knits in summery fibers to keep you looking and feeling cool. Airy lace lends itself perfectly to gorgeous tops, shawls, and even a kerchief. The lovely designs in this issue are knit up in silk, linen, cotton and hemp for the ultimate breezy pairing. These twelve warm-weather garments showcase the beauty of organic and minimally processed yarns.
In part 2 of ‘Knitting a Sweater from Side to Side’ Karen Frisa covers how different fabrics behave differently when worked sideways.
The patterns listed below are part of this issue.
- Biot Pullover by Courtney Spainhower from Wool Studio Vol 7
- Bluets Top (cover), Lilac Lace Top & Olivine Top by Estefania Espindola
- Clearing Wrap & Flax Flower Top by Fiona Munro
- Common Blue Tunic by Rachel Simmons
- Gemstones Shawl by Lana Jois
- George Tank Top by Jennifer Owens
- Lavender Tank Top by Jenny Williams
- Lotus Lace Kerchief by Jennifer Miller Comstock
- Rippling Waves Shawl by Nancy Lekx
- Succulent Wrap by Kate Scalzo
Photos courtesy of knitscene/Caleb Young