Making is a bi-annual themed publication of projects for knitters and makers. This issue of No. 11 / Dawn includes 10 knitting projects, 9 sewing/embroidery/quilting projects and a simple project for dyeing projects, too. Knit and sewn garment patterns are sized up to fit at least a 60" bust measurement. Projects range from household accessories, garments, bags, and children's toys.
Issues include a link to download a digital version. Includes artwork by Charlotte Edey & Bernice Lim
KNIT • SEW • QUILT • WEAVE • EMBROIDER • CROCHET • NEEDLE FELT • RECIPES + MORE
Join editor, photographer, and designer, Carrie Bostick Hoge of Madder, on this exciting project that brings crafts people with different areas of focus to one publication.
The act of making helps to connect us to the past, knowing that many craft skills were practiced daily out of necessity. We also connect to our present, as we stop to slow down and enjoy the work at hand, leaving behind the stress of our busy days. And, possibly at the heart of our creations, is the future. As the sweater we knit or the blanket we quilt becomes an heirloom for our family to use, enjoy, and pass down to the next generation. Circling back and tying us to the past. All these connections are equally important and help to bring meaning and value to the beauty and utility we make.
The following projects are included in this issue. Please click any link below to go directly to the knitting/crochet kit which includes this issue, yarn, accessories to complete the project!
- Bansolas Sweater by Anne-Michelle Phelan
- Chorus Wrap by Yamagara
- Dawn Charm by Susan B. Anderson
- Dawn Pullover by Paula Pereira
- Double Helix Socks by Nataliya Guseva
- Herbalist Tank by Nataliya Sinelshchikova
- Luce Shawl by Ksenia Naidyon
- Osken Cardigan by Tayler Harris
- Ripple Scarf by Susanna Kaartinen
- Sunset Purse by Ezgi Tandogan Onat
- Cascada Dress by Emily Clark
- Embroidered Spring Patches by Tamar Dovrat
- House Shoes by Sanae Ishida
- Maker's Project Bag by Molly George
- Patched Wallet by Arounna Khounnoraj
- Patchwork Sunrise Cushion by Carolanne Graham
- Riva Quilt by Julia Grace
- Sunrise & Moonrise Quilted Coasters by Amy Bornman
- Sunrise Kitchen Towel by Kayla Powers
Screen Printing & Dyeing
- Daydream Beach Blanket by Kristine Vejar
published in 2021
Making is published by Madder in Maine
Images courtesy of Madder/Carrie Bostick Hoge& Andrea Yousling