Making is a bi-annual themed publication of projects for knitters and makers. This issue of No. 13 / Outside includes 12 knitting projects, 8 sewing/embroidery/quilting projects, and 1 dyeing project, too. Projects range from household accessories, garments, rugs, and children's toys. Knit and sewn garment patterns are sized up to fit a 60" bust measurement. Each issue is print and includes a link to download a digital version, too.
OUTSIDE represents an open mindset reminiscent of childhood joys brought by spring and summer days. The projects in this issue radiate a warm and playful mood inspired by bounces of light and gentle breezes on the hills, paths, and plains of our collective journey as makers.
No. 13 / OUTSIDE – includes projects, artwork, and poetry by Jess Lucas, Arounna Khounnoraj, Kristine Vejar, Silvia Sutters, Jessica Jeong, Cassidy Seidler, Allison Jane, Paula Pereira, Nataliya Guseva, Nicole Knutsen, Leila Raven, Susan B. Anderson, Johanna Kunin, Marie Régnier, Naama Ido, Tiffany Chen.
KNIT • SEW • QUILT • WEAVE • EMBROIDER • CROCHET • NEEDLE FELT • RECIPES + MORE
Join editor, photographer, and designer, Carrie Bostick Hoge of Madder, on this exciting project that brings crafts people with different areas of focus to one publication.
The act of making helps to connect us to the past, knowing that many craft skills were practiced daily out of necessity. We also connect to our present, as we stop to slow down and enjoy the work at hand, leaving behind the stress of our busy days. All these connections help to bring meaning and value to the beauty and utility we make.
The following projects are included in this issue:
- Areal Jacket by Paula Pereira
- Breeze Pullover by Johanna Kunin
- Fawn Kit by Susan B Anderson
- Fledgling Blanket by Cassidy Seidler
- Harpeth Shawl by Allison Jane
- Jiao-qing Shawl by Tiffany Chen
- Lisbon Pullover by Jessica Jeong
- Meriwether Wrap Top by Nicole Knutsen
- Monarch Butterfly Bag by Marie Regnier
- Nomad Land Poncho by Naama Ido
- Pine Hat by Leila Raven
- Root Socks by Natliya Guseva
- Wildflower Kerchief by Sara Cooley
- Blocky Coasters by Daisy Aschenhoug
- Bucket Backpack by Arounna Khounnoraj
- Creamsicle Bunting by Kristine Vejar
- Embroidered Drawstring Camisol by Sanae Ishida
- Four Point Cushion by Youngmin Lee
- Monstera Shorts by Silvia Sutters
- Quilted Fern Pouch by Jess Lucas
- Sandwich Bag & Napkin by Louisa Burtonshaw
published in 2022
Making is published by Madder in Maine
Images courtesy of Madder/Carrie Bostick Hoge & Andrea Yousling