Making is a bi-annual themed publication of projects for knitters and makers. This issue of No. 4 / LINES includes 1 crochet project, 12 knitting projects, 1 hook rug project, 2 recipes, 10 sewing/embroidery/quilting projects. Projects range from household accessories, garments, table decorations, pillows, and children's toys.
No.4 / LINES includes projects by Andrea Mowry, Carrie Bostick Hoge, Norah Gaughan, Bristol Ivy, Susan B. Anderson, Tin Can Knits, & Michele Wang as well as wonderful tutorials on steeking and an in depth look at Hygge at home.
Join editor, photographer, and designer, Carrie Bostick Hoge of Madder, on this exciting project that brings crafts people with different areas of focus to one publication.
The act of making helps to connect us to the past, knowing that many craft skills were practiced daily out of necessity. We also connect to our present, as we stop to slow down and enjoy the work at hand, leaving behind the stress of our busy days. And, possibly at the heart of our creations, is the future. As the sweater we knit or the blanket we quilt becomes an heirloom for our family to use, enjoy, and pass down to the next generation. Circling back and tying us to the past. All these connections are equally important and help to bring meaning and value to the beauty and utility we make.
The following projects are included in this issue. Please click any link below to go directly to the knitting/crochet kit which includes this issue, yarn, accessories to complete the project!
- Nature's Treasures by Monica Johnson
- Autumn's Siren Shawl by Beatrice Perron Dahlen
- Cabled Lines Hat by Leila Raabe
- Coastline Trio (hat, scarf & throw blanket) by Carrie Bostick Hoge
- Lines Mittens by Alexa Ludeman of Tin Can Knits
Raina Shawl by Andrea Mowry
- Refract Socks by Rachel Coopey
- Richelieu Vest by Kirsten Johnstone
- Sleepy Kitten Set by Susan B. Anderson
Solbein Cardigan by Mary Jane Mucklestone
- Stone Wool Turtleneck by Michele Wang
- Underscore Cowl by Bristol Ivy
- Woven Lines Pullover by Norah Gaughan
- Chai Toddy by Trey Hughes
- Sweet Carrot Scones by Jessica Lewis Stevens
- Fall Mountains Hooked Rug by Elizabeth Miller (cover)
- Bento Bag Recipe by Emily C. Wolfe
- Cat Basket & Painted Nesting Basket by Sanae Ishida
- Embroidered Alphabet & Autumnal Wreath by Catherine Satchell
- Fern the Cat Ornament by Erika Barratt
- Little Indigo Quilt by Kristin Vejar
- Oversized Kimono Jacket by Jenny Gordy
- Painted Nesting Basket by Sanae Ishida
- Pathway Pillow by Amber Platzer Corcoran
- Studio Apron by Cal Patch
- Visible Mending by Samantha Hoyt Lindgren
published in 2017
Making is published by Madder in Maine
Images courtesy of Madder/Carrie Bostick Hoge, Jessica Lewis Stevens, Whitney Hayward & Leila Raabe, PurlSoho