Making is a bi-annual themed publication of projects for knitters and makers. This issue of No. 5 / COLOR includes 1 crochet project, 12 knitting projects, 1 hook rug project, 1 recipe, 7 sewing/embroidery/quilting projects. Projects range from household accessories, garments, decorations, and children's toys. Also enjoy articles on flower arranging & assembling, weaving, bookbinding, mending with Bristol Ivy, and dyeing with Kristine Vejar.
No. 5 / COLOR includes knit designs by Carrie Bostick Hoge, Susan B. Anderson, Amy Christoffers, Anna Maltz, Rosemary (Romi) Hill, Isabell Kraemer, Joji Locatelli, Dianna Walla, Whitney Hayward, and Lori Versace.
Join editor, photographer, and designer, Carrie Bostick Hoge of Madder, on this exciting project that brings crafts people with different areas of focus to one publication.
KNIT • SEW • QUILT • EMBROIDER • CROSS STITCH • CROCHET • NEEDLE FELT • RECIPES + MORE
The act of making helps to connect us to the past, knowing that many craft skills were practiced daily out of necessity. We also connect to our present, as we stop to slow down and enjoy the work at hand, leaving behind the stress of our busy days. And, possibly at the heart of our creations, is the future. As the sweater we knit or the blanket we quilt becomes an heirloom for our family to use, enjoy, and pass down to the next generation. Circling back and tying us to the past. All these connections are equally important and help to bring meaning and value to the beauty and utility we make.
The following projects are included in this issue. Please click any link below to go directly to the knitting/crochet kit which includes this issue, yarn, accessories to complete the project!
- Digitalis by Amy Christoffers
- Farm-to-Skein Colorwork Throw by Lori Versaci
- Farrell Hat by Anna Maltz
- Hudson Mitts by Whitney Hayward
- Lyngen by Dianna Walla
- Mint Leaves by Joji Locatelli
- Mountain Home Wrap by Rosemary (Romi) Hill
- Sky Cardi & Sunset Wrap by Carrie Bostick Hoge
- Sweet Bee & Flower by Susan B. Anderson
- Ula Tee by Isabell Kraemer
- Wooly Tattoo Floral Mittens; pattern by Cecily Glowik MacDonald & embroidery by Tif Fussell
- Peach Tree Hideaways by Char White
- Finishing Hooked Coasters by Elizabeth Miller
- Asian Bookbinding by Sanae Ishida
- Collaged Pillow by Anna Maria Horner
- Dropcloth Needlecase by Felicia Semple
- Fair Isle Mini-Banner by Sam Lamb
- Making Backpack by Anna Graham
- Summer Fields Quilt by Lewis Stevens
- Wildflower Project Bag by Melissa Wastney
- Secret Garden Scarf by Kristin Vejar
- Asymmetrical Art Weaving by Dee Clements
- Convertible Centerpiece by Setphanie Pilk
- Summer Garden Paper Flowers by Diane Toepher
Coloring Pages - by Abigail Gray Swartz
published in 2018
Making is published by Madder in Maine
Images courtesy of Madder/Carrie Bostick Hoge