LYKKE Driftwood 5" Interchangeable Needle Sets are back in stock! Named after the Norwegian word for happiness, LYKKE Crafts combine high quality materials and thoughtful design to produce beautiful, durable, happy-making knitting needles. LYKKE Driftwood Needles are made of strong Birch Wood which is smooth and light. With their warm character and pickled patina, the Driftwood Needles are easy on the hands and the eyes. This Resin Impregnated will not show a hint of wear after weeks of continuous use. The resin fully saturates the birch wood and gives the set its lovely washed look and does not wear off! The color is through and through and guaranteed not to stain your project.
- 1 pair of 5" needles in each size: US 4 / 3.5mm, US 5 /3.75mm, US 6 / 4mm, US 7 / 4.5mm, US 8 / 5mm, US 9 / 5.5mm, US 10 / 6mm, US 10.5 / 6.5mm, US 11 / 8mm, US 13 / 9mm, US 15 / 10mm, US 17 / 12mm
- set of 2 cords 24" total length
- set of 2 cords 32" total length
- 1 cord for 40" total length
- 2 connectors-combine 2 cables to make up to a 72" cable!
- 4 keys to attach needles securely to cords
- 8 stoppers/needle ends
- 1 grey denim effect case (canvas for durability) Please note that Yarn Loop is not stocking the black (vinyl) case at this time. Please contact us if you would prefer the black case by clicking the link below.
Need smaller Interchangeable Needles? Lykke now has the 3.5" Interchangeable Set with 16", 20", & 24" cable lengths! (great for hats, socks & baby garments)
Also available in new colors! Go to Umber & Indigo Sets.
LYKKE stands behind their products and guarantees your set for life against manufacturer's defects! Yarn Loop will always help you handle any returns, but you can also get the return form from lykkecrafts.com
A Note from Rachel: I have been searching for a new needle set to replace my old, cheap set, and was thrilled to stumble across the LYKKE needles! I am a wooden needle gal, and I prefer fine-grained wood. I find that the larger grains tend to create nodules around the tip which catches ever so slightly with every stitch, especially on old, well-used needles (like my old bamboo needles). I had to get my hands on these needles to see if they fit my qualifications for strong but super-flexible cords and the need for tight connections that do not unscrew during use.
While I absolutely adore the Olive Wood Set from Addi with their ingenious Click System, I find this set to be of excellent quality, with twice the needles, at a great price!
Yarn Loop only stocks the best needles and tests everything in house, so don't fret about which brand or set you want! Still not sure? Contact us and we will walk you through your choices!
Images of needles courtesy of Lykke, Knitting Fever & Yarn Loop