The Fall season is full of endings and subsequent beginnings. From the end of summer, to the start of the new school year, and the crisp air bringing bittersweet feelings of nostalgia. The shift in weather calls knitters to cast on a multitude of 17 projects after a break from the needles during the fiery summer.
In the Knitscene Fall 2019 issue, you’ll explore the elements through the seasons. Inspired by the element water and its representations of cleansing, rejuvenation, and the bodies of water on Earth; the two project collections use these concepts and visuals in a number of different ways.
The Rainy Day Layers projects are practical in design — eight wonderful layering pieces serve as companions for the cold, moist days of autumn. The Explore the Depths projects use visual elements that represent cleansing, regenerative vibes.
This issue’s cables, reminiscent of undulating waves, inspired expert Roxanne Richardson’s technical article, which is all about understanding and navigating cable chart symbols. In addition to the usual roundup of product reviews and the Indie Dyer Spotlight, we have included a special conversation between knitting actress Judy Greer and knitwear designer Krista Ann.
The patterns listed below are part of this issue. Simply click any link below to go directly to the kit. (Coming soon!)
- Alongshore Cardigan by Sarah Helliher
- Backbarrier Wrap by Neisha Abdulla
- Backshore Pullover by Kerry Bullock-Ozkan
- Bass Strait Cowl by Tracey Adams
- Bay Mitts by Mone Drager
- Billowing Stole by Susanna IC
- Catch the Wave Hat & Perfect Storm Pullover by Samantha MacKay
- Changing Tides Cowl by Munro Sisters3
- Deep Sea Wrap by Moon Eldridge
- Ebb Tide Mitts & Riprap Top by Cheryl Toy
- Flood Tide Wrap by Triona Murphy
- Lagoon Shawl by Lana Jois
- Lido Hat by Andrea Cull
- Riverside Pullover by Courtney Kelley
- Undulating Cowl by Heather Zoppetti
Photos courtesy of knitscene/Interweave