Welcome to knitscene Summer 2019: The Fire Issue! In this issue, we focus on the element of fire through our color palette, stories, and patterns, and we explore fire through multiple lenses: as a tool, in its base components, and through its symbolism.
"Embroidered" is an accessories story that embellishes knitted fabric with embroidery floss and yarn. Don't miss the tutorial on Kutch embroidery, a beautiful art form from Gujarat, India. "Deconstructed" celebrates openwork techniques such as lace and dropped stitches. The final story is called "Biased" because it celebrates bias knitting, bold angles, and exciting colorwork through seven striking patterns.
You're in for a real treat with Coast to Coast Yarn Co, an indie dyer who specializes in beautiful hand–dyed skeins and drool–inducing baked goods. A fiery Gear Guide will ignite your knitterly passions. Lastly, we have the one easy secret to removing smoke smell from your yarn!
The patterns listed below are part of this issue. Yarn Loop offers exclusive pattern kits on the most popular patterns in every Knitscene Magazine! Simply click any link below to go directly to the kit. (Coming soon!)
- Beacon Fire Cardigan by Vicki Square
- Butterfly Mitts by Jenny Williams
- Combustion Shawl & Flames Shawl by Melanie Rice
- Diadem Effect Beret & Ignition Point Shawl by Martha Wissing
- Exothermic Tunic by Estefania Espindola
- Flash Point Top by Lana Jois
- Flickering Pullover by Jennifer Owens
- Fused Market Tote and Mended Heart Hat & Socks Set by Cheryl Toy
- Kindling Cardigan by Amy Gunderson
- New Growth Hat by Andrea Cull
- Oxidation Mitts by Uma Padu
- Plasma Shawl by Mone Drager
- Prometheus Top by Jennifer Miller Comstock
- Sparks Top by Anne Jones
- Sweet Spot Hat by Kayleen Watt
- Welded Lace Shawl by Moon Eldridge
Photos courtesy of knitscene/Harper Point Photography