Manos Del Uruguay has a long-standing and lasting relationship to the handcrafting artisans in Uruguay & is part of the fair trade alliance. Manos is one of the few international companies with hands in the fashion houses of Europe & the USA, producing the one-of-a-kind runway garments for Stella McCartney, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Donna Karan, Polo Ralph Lauren, Dries Van Noten, Joseph, Mulberry, Pringle of Scotland, Peruvian Connection, Yigal Azrouël, & Jazmin Chebar.
Manos del Uruguay is also the only corporation producing hand spun yarn on a larger scale (the lines include Serpentina & Wool Clasica). To learn all about Manos del Uruguay including the artisans, please visit the Uruguayan site here. To view current color offerings in the USA, click here.
Yarn Loop is here to help you find exactly what you need.
- Knitting Groups--you can save when buying en masse
- KAL's (Knit Along) - 1 or more projects for you (and your friends)
- Sweater Projects-lots of yarn, the exact color you want, in that hard to find line
- Blankets-10 or more skeins from the same dye lot
To Place an Order-
- Minimum purchase required for special orders. Usually 3 skeins unless noted otherwise
- Free Shipping on any order of $95 or more
- Please write color choices and quantities in the "Notes" at checkout
- Please allow a minimum of 10 business days for your special order to arrive. We will check stock at the manufacturer and call you immediately to verify colors and the line. You will hear from us the second we know anything about your order. If you prefer, you may email us to check stock before placing an order.
- If an item is backordered or discontinued at the manufacturer, we will let you know immediately. You may decide at this time whether to continue to place the original order, change the colors, or cancel the order.
- Please note that special orders are non-returnable and non-refundable. We will give you detailed descriptions of colors so that you don't buy neon orange yarn unless you want to!
Manos del Uruguay is dyed in smaller batches of no more than 20 skeins per batch. Most of their dye lots are then packaged into 5 skeins or 10 skeins. No two skeins are alike even within the same dye lot so make sure that you follow all recommendations on the packaging for alternating rows to minimize color pooling. Buy all of the color you need at a single purchase. Yarn Loop is one of the few locations within the United States that will personally sort the skeins for the best color match possible.
Images from Fairmount Fibers