ClarsonFeel the magic of Outlander at your fingertips with this officially licensed book of knitting: twenty patterns inspired by the hit series from STARZ and Sony Pictures Television, based on Diana Gabaldon’s bestselling novels. This collection is filled with gorgeous images from the hit series and modern knitted adaptations of the inspiring patterns.
From the Scottish Highlands to the courts of Versailles to the eastern shores of North America, the TV show Outlander brings to life in gorgeous detail the epic love story of Jamie Fraser and Claire Beauchamp Randall Fraser. But beyond the drama and passion, what has captured fans’ imagination the most are the rustic knits worn on the show.
Now knitters of all skill levels can recreate them with twenty projects for apparel, accessories, and home décor that take inspiration from memorable episodes. Knit the capelet cowl that Mrs. Fitz gives to Claire at Castle Leoch, warm your feet with Clan Mackenzie Boot Socks, swaddle your bairn with the Mo Chridhe Baby Blanket, and dress your Jamie in a warm waistcoat. From chunky knits to Celtic cables, each project includes a clearly written pattern, gorgeous photography, and scenes from the set.
A love letter to the fans, Outlander Knitting will have you wishing you could time travel to the Highlands. Includes extra features and articles:
- Costuming by Terry Dresbach
- Historical Accuracy
- Fair Isle Knitting
- The Importance of Wool
- Dyeing Wool in "Rent" Episode
- About the Designers
- Techniques & References
These patterns are included in the book. Click any link below to go directly to the Gift Set which includes enough yarn to complete the project. After all, every knitting book should come with yarn!
- Clan MacKenzie Boot Socks by Sarah Lehto
- Doune Socks by Cheryl Eaton
- Gathering Cape by Anni Howard
- Horrock's Scarf & Blanket by Hollie Yeoh
- I Found Him Lace Cardigan by Holli Yeoh
- Jamie's Waistcoat by Jessie McKitrick
- Lace Fichu by Maya Bosworth
- Library Vest by Anthea Willis
- Lovat Mitts & Cowl by Karie Westermann
- Mo Chridhe Baby Blanket by Lynne Sosnowski
- Mrs. Fitz's Armwarmers by Barry Klein
- Paris Connections by Mary Hull
- Randall-Fraser Sweater by Mieka John
- Rent Shawl by Nicky Jensen (Cover)
- Revirescit Tea Cozy by Anne Blayney
- River Run Shawl by Eimear Earley
- Sassenach Capelet Cowl by Allison Thisltewood
- Sauveuse des Anges Capelet by Janelle Martin
- Targe Tam by Claire Neicho
- The Man I left Behind Vest by Kathleen Sperling
Published by Clarkson Potter Publishers in 2020.
Hardcover, 192 pages
Photography courtesy of Sony Pictures Television, Inc. & Gale Zucker