There’s nothing quite like the lush, cozy feeling of handknitted socks! Socks remain one of the most frequently handknit items today because they are quick and satisfying to make, and also small and portable. This collaboration with legendary sock maven, Rachel Coopey, Ready Set Socks is our ultimate guide to sock-making! Get ready to experiment, discover the magic that is turning a heel, and become a seasoned sock knitter.
Following the wonderfully successful Knit How, the essential beginners knitting book, Pom Pom brings you Ready Set Socks, an exploration of sock designs for new and advanced knitters alike. The book dissects and describes the parts of a sock and is full of graphics including diagrams and tutorials.
The book includes ten unique patterns in both 4-ply / fingering and DK-weight versions. From simple and speedy stocking and ribbed socks, to fancy mosaic knitting colour combinations, you’ll be sure to find your perfect pair with this compendium of patterns to come back to again and again. Includes digital copy!
Patterns included in this book:
- Charisse - twisted stitch socks
- Copeland - basic stocking stitch & rib socks
- Glover - simple textured socks
- Guillem - rib & lace socks
- Hines - simple knit purl socks
- Jackson - twisted rib & lace socks
- Osato - eyelet stripe socks
- Reynolds - Gansey style socks
- Sheppard - cable wave socks
- Shirley - mosaic stitch socks
Published 2022 by the Pom Pom Press
Images by Kendra Bellamy